Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer Morning


Awake at 5:30 a.m. and not being a morning person, I stumble outside to put up the bird feeders. But what a way to wake up! I dash inside to grab the camera to capture the beauty of the sunrise.



The sun is barely up and the cool of the morning is deceptive as the temperatures are supposed to reach close to 100 degrees today!




But that is of no concern to me right now as I feel the gentle breeze that is delightfully cool and refreshing. The aspen leaves above me quiver slightly, the sunlight glistens off each and every leaf. And the sound that they make is like a lullaby. Wish I could stay out here instead of having to go back to get ready for a work day.

Is there any more peaceful way to live, I ask you? Each and every day seems like I'm on vacation.

My soul is alive and my heart is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment