Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Commute, Mountain Style

My commute does not include traffic jams, honking horns, or angry people.
After a peaceful drive home tonight, something caught my eye as I began to turn onto the dirt road leading to my place. Do you see it?!
Oh yeah, there he is. Or rather, there they are as I found out after taking a closer look.
A small herd of elk, all enjoy the lazy, late afternoon by grazing in the quiet meadow.
Well some where grazing while others watched.

Do many folks get to experience this by living in tract housing? I truly doubt it!

Mountain living and cabin life are not for everyone. Not for those who crave excitement in the form of non-stop action in the loud city. However for those who are willing to take a chance by throwing away all that is familiar and take the leap, trust me, you won't be disappointed!

"You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your Mountain is waiting. So... get on your way!
~Dr. Seuss~

No comments:

Post a Comment